Sunday, July 19, 2009

Letters Mailed to the President and Treasurer of Barefoot Reunion Association

WE GET LETTERS………………
I very much enjoyed the Barefoot Bulletin 2005. This spring we bought a small motor home, so maybe in 2006 we will come to the reunion. Maybe we’ll get a prize for coming the farthest. Thank you for all your efforts. My great-grandmother was Elizabeth Jane Barefoot, tenth child of William Barefoot and Diane Heck. The first child of my great-grandma was Bertha May Reasy. Her first child was my mother Rose Ella Buskirk (Ward-Edsall). Mom passed away in 1989. She had 8 children, and I am the youngest. Of all her many grandchildren, my son Mike Flaherty, b. 1954, passed away 31 May 2005. He lived in Cle Elum WA and left a wife Becky, daughter Morgan, and son Patrick. Also 3 grandchildren. It was sadder for me to be the first of Mom’s children to have a child die. May this find you and the rest of your family well and happy.
Nancy (Ward-Flaharty-Secoy) Berg
Enumclaw, WA
Dear Nancy,
We are very sorry to learn of the loss of your son Mike. May you take comfort in your sweet memories and the loving family he and his wife have created. Thank you for your kind comments.
Sylvia
*********************************
I enjoy your news bulletin so much. Thanks to you and your husband and your dear sister. God bless you all.
Natalie Warren
Johnstown, PA
*********************************
Hope you all have a cool day for the reunion. Please send me any old newsletters if you have any left. Any other news, like a new book on Barefoots? Sorry I can’t make it. Mother is not well. Thank you.
Louise B. Barefoot Gross
Petersburg, VA
*******************************************
Thank you for the 2005 newsletter. Very nice to see each year. Hope to make it to the reunion one of these years.
Ray and Lois Barefoot
Angola, NY
*******************************************
All of you sure do a good job year after year. I’m sure everyone appreciates your efforts. I would love to attend a reunion, but I know there would be few people that I know. We are getting older, and I’m sure few, if any, would know me. Still hanging in there and doing fine.
Lynn Thomas
Chandler, TX
*********************************
Every year I promise myself I’m going to get to the Barefoot Reunion, and the same thing comes up, and I say, “Ok, next year!”
I moved to Texas a year ago August and just returned to NC on July 9 of this year. So, needless to say, I’ve been really busy since then.
I’m enclosing money for the newsletter. I’d love to hear about what went on. Is someone keeping family update information? My youngest son, Michael Schatz and his wife Debora had a daughter Anna Linda Schatz on August 18, 2004.
I look forward to hearing from you, and I really hope to meet you next year.
Diana White
Valle Crucis, NC

Dear Diana,
Sylvia Coleman keeps the statistics on the family as well as many who use this newsletter to update their Barefoot books by Sylvia Coleman and Gary Mickle. We always appreciate those of you who update your information.
*********************************
I have had the reunion postcard stuffed in my daybook long enough, and I’m finally getting this off to you.
Please sign me up for the 2006 newsletter and change the address you have for me to my home address below. I hope you had a good turnout. I will be there one of these years.
Tammy Cotton
St. Charles, MO
*********************************
First I want to thank Eleanor for all the work she’s done for the Barefoot Reunion (As many of you know, Eleanor sadly passed away on 3 Dec. 2005, but I gave her your message.) Second, many thanks to you for an interesting and informative bulletin. I know you spend a lot of time gathering information and putting it together. We appreciate you, including Paul J. Sauers, Jr., obituary.
Betty J. (Sauers) Brown
Johnstown, PA

Dear Betty,
We, too, are always sorry to learn that a Barefoot member has passed away. Paul were positive force in this world and will be greatly missed. I also appreciate it that you mailed in his obituary for the newsletter last year.
Sylvia
*********************************
Please find enclosed a check for the Barefoot Reunion Association and newsletter. We had a wonderful visit with Eleanor Kinnan on July 4 - Lizzie Ann Hammer and Natalie Warren and I. See you on August 7.
Jane C. (Cauffiel) Thomson
Oberlin, OH

Dear Jane,
Your visits were one of the highlights of Eleanor’s life. She talked about her “cousins” for weeks afterwards. Thank you for taking the time to visit Ele.
Sylvia
*********************************
Thank you for the great newsletter. I know this must be a tremendous amount of work to put together, and I want to let you know the work is really appreciated. Thanks again for all your work on this meaningful newsletter.
Terry and Joyce (Hammer) Gribble
St. Clairsville, OH
Enclosed is subscription to the Barefoot Reunion newsletter. My sister Becky has moved back to town. She and I will plan to drive out for the reunion at Windber, PA. Hope everything is going well for you and your family.
Robert Cauffiel Lovingood
Lehigh Valley, PA
*****************************************
I am sorry that we will not be able to attend the Barefoot Reunion this year. By the time I get to one of the reunions, perhaps I will get the award for the oldest guy present. Best wishes for a well-attended and great reunion.
Love to all,
Lowell V. Hammer
Port St. Lucie, FL
*******************************************
My name is Donald B. Boyer, and I am a relative of the Barefoot Clan. My relationship is through my mother, Genevie Fleck Boyer and her mother,
(my grandmother), Ida Dopp Fleck. I am interested in tracing my relationship in the Barefoot Clan. While reading the latest Barefoot Bulletin, I notice reference to a book, which appears to be for sale, by the reunion newsletter. I would like very much to get a copy of this book if you could arrange to send one to me if it does indeed include a tracing of the clan. Would you send me a copy of the book or information where I could write for one.
Don Boyer
12 Bittersweet Dr.
Hagerstown, MD 21740


If you wish to order the Genealogy of James Barefoot, Sr., and Mary Sleek [Slick], contact Gary L Mickle, 304 Mock Ridge Rd, Alum Bank, PA 15521 and Sylvia “Geisel” Coleman, 2092 Penfield Rd,Penfield, NY 14526 or e-mail Sylvia at SCMishka@aol.com. There are copies available. Sylvia S.

*********************************
As I have mentioned before, I always enjoy reading the newsletter. “Barefoot” was my grandmother’s maiden name. She was born in Montague County, Texas. Soon after her marriage to L. A. Sanders, she moved with him to Chickasha, Oklahoma, where she lived her entire life and where my family was raised.
Barefoot is my middle name, and I am a Junior. My father never used the name, preferring to use his first name, “Harold.” I have been known as Barefoot since school days. In grammar school and high school I had a lot of razzing about the name; it proved helpful, however, when I went to college since folks could remember it so easily. I am 80 years of age this year and am in reasonable good health, still sitting as a senior federal district judge.
Best wishes to you,
Barefoot Sanders
Dallas, TX
************************************
We had some unexpected company Sat-Sun. So we didn't make the reunion. I trust that it was well attended and all had a nice time with family. Did you take a photo off all those present? If so, could you send me the photo?? And identify those in the pic--It is a cinch that I won't know who they all are!! I remember going to Barefoot Reunions in the early 60's. If I remember correctly, the reunions were held on someone's farm. The reunions seemed to be quite well attended. I don't remember the farm owner or the location--heck, I was only 10-14. I do remember the food--There was definitely PLENTY of good, tasty food. Those Barefoots know how to eat!!! There was always a penny hunt in a huge pile of sawdust. What great fun!!
We did have our e-mail address changed last winter. It is now dansmcl@verizon.net
Dale McLaughlin
Kane, PA
*******************************************
Re: Bill Barefoot, out past vice president.
I want to thank you very much for your prayers. Bill had the first Avastin Intraviteral Injection in the Right Eye on Friday from the retina doctor. On August 17 he will receive the second one, and the third will be done in October.He will finish the antibiotic drops though Tuesday. It is quite an interesting procedure. Today he was checked with the doctor, who did cataract for follow up. She will give him glasses for the left eye and will have a clear lens to the right eye until the injections are finished, and she will remove the cataract from right eye and then have corrective lens in that eye. We will see her at end of October after the retina is corrective from the bleeding. With glasses he has 20-20 in left eye. We are well pleased with progress. I will continue with the drops to left eye until they are used up. A lot has taken place in this past month. We are so thankful for your prayers and coming along side of us. God is so GOOD. We love you.
Dorothy & Bill Barefoot
York, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment